For more than a century young change-makers have earned badges reflecting the times – decades ago Girl Scouts were learning Morse Code and today, they are tackling relevant topics like cybersecurity and mechanical engineering. These tokens of successes and experiences are proudly displayed on distinctive vests and sashes, symbolizing important achievements and milestones throughout the Girl Scout Leadership Development experience. When a Girl Scout wears these emblems like the Cookie Entrepreneur Pin, a civic action badge or the Girl Scout Gold Award, she is showing the world just how much she has accomplished.
As wearing the Girl Scout uniform is a crucial part of being a Girl Scout, Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri intends to remove financial barriers so all girls everywhere can develop essential leadership life skills while looking—and feeling their best! That’s why, the Girl Scout Council established a Uniform Assistance Fund to all eligible eastern Missouri Girl Scouts who qualifies to purchase age appropriate uniform piece. To learn more about the Uniform Assistance Fund, read the details below.
- The first step in the process is to download the application here! To be considered, this form must be completed by a parent or caregiver and includes nine questions related to the applicant’s household, Girl Scout grade level and special circumstances.
- After completion, mail the application to:
Attention: Answer Center
Girl Scout Service Center
2300 Ball Drive, St. Louis, MO 63146
(Please allow at least three weeks for processing.)
- Once an award decision has been finalized, the applicant will receive an approved email pre-printed with the parent or caregiver’s name, troop number, available balance and expiration date. Awards are valid 60 days from date of issue
- Then, a parent or caregiver can redeem at Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri’s Shop! If the parent or caregiver are unable to redeem in person, the transaction can be completed over the phone or sent via mail*.
*Parents and caregivers are responsible for assuming any mail-related costs
- Don’t forget to share your Girl Scouts’ badge, pin and entrepreneurship journey with Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri. Tag a pic of her wearing her uniform using @girlscoutsem for Instagram and @GirlScoutsEasternMo for Facebook!
And speaking of badges!
The Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri Shop is now offering uniform set-up services with our brand-new heat press. Drop by for a quick and easy way to adhere all badges, insignias and fun patches to your Girl Scout’s vest and sash. Pricing is $5 for the first press and $2 for each additional!
For additional details, contact a Retail Sales & Service team member at 314.592.2378 or GSEMShopandERC@girlscoutsem.org.